Our client, a leading manufacturer of diagnostic solutions at the point of care are currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable Associate for their offices in Galway. This role is a full-time permanent role. The ideal candidate will be Galway based for this position.
Summary of Position:
Supports the efforts of the Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable functions and ensures transactions are completed timely and accurately. Reviews and maintains company accounts payable and receivable. Identifies and resolves customer/vendor disputes or discrepancies in a timely manner. Identifies IS support requirements. Exhibits an understanding of other organizations’ goals. Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
· Processes payments to vendors and / or from customers.
· Maintains and reconciles customer and or vendor accounts.
· Assist management with the financial close process
· Ensures internal controls compliance
· Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies
Education, skills & experience:
· Qualified Accounting Technician with 1+ years related experience or a minimum level 7 Degree qualification in Accounting or Finance.
· Candidates who are educated to Leaving Certificate standard with two to three years related experience will also be considered for this role.
· Knowledge and understanding of accounting processes and theory.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficiency with 10-key, and expertise working with personal computers.
· Must be self-directed, and demonstrate good teambuilding skills.
· Identifies and resolves accounting issues with minimal supervision or assistance.
· Provides appropriate data to customers, after having reviewed it for accuracy.
· French, German or Italian fluency would be an advantage but is not essential.