My client is recruiting for an Audit lead to join their team in Belfast. Working for a major Financial Institution, you will use your previous experience of Internal Audit to operate as the third line of defence, providing assurance to their stakeholders on the adequacy and effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls.
This is a key role and will present exciting learning and career development opportunities for individuals working within the team, where you have the chance to shine and reach your career goals.
· Assist in the preparation of risk-based audit plan and programmes of work to support the delivery of assurance to the Board Audit Committee and other key stakeholders;
· Lead and manage audits from beginning to end including definition of audit scope, test strategy, execution of testing, summary of issues and final report;
· Manage the resolution of agreed issues and exceptions with the business areas and stakeholders within agreed timetables;
· Review and interpret processed data to identify trends and investigate exceptional items;
· Actively develop and maintain positive working relationships with management within the business to enhance the effectiveness and reputation of GIA;
· Organise, develop and motivate a team of staff as required on each audit; and
· Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of GIA's audit methodology standards, processes and AIB organisational structure.
· For this role, there is a preference for professionally qualified candidates (ideally CA, CMIIA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA or PRM qualification), or a candidate working towards those qualifications.
· Have a proven understanding and experience of key banking products.
· Have a proven experience of risk management, including an understanding of the Second Line of Defence and/or Finance areas in a banking environment and the associated risks, along with knowledge of risk management methodologies.
· Have experience as a people leader with responsibility for leading and motivating highly effective teams.
· Have a minimum of three years in a financial services and/or audit environment.
For further details please apply directly below or call Darrach Teague for a confidential conversation.