Experienced Automation Engineer required for a pharmaceutical company that is based in the South Dublin region to help manage their Front Line Support function, on an initial 12 month contract basis.
The successful candidate shall join a team which provides 24 hour front line support cover to various functions onsite. This is a shift role that covers a 24 x 5 shift pattern.
As a contract, the position offers excellent rates and the opportunity for a long-term placement.
• Adherence to GXP procedures on site in relation to all aspects of the position
• Provide real-time front line support to the production group on their manufacturing/IS systems.
• Document and track resolution of issues and tasks.
• Aide the identification/implementation of system improvements and corrective actions.
• Aide the coaching of operators and maintenance technicians in the effective use of the control systems.
• Manage and execute change controls for continuous improvement projects.
• Execute and document preventative maintenance tasks performed on the automation systems.
• Third level Degree in Electrical, Electronic, Systems Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent
• 5+ years’ experience working with automated control systems preferably in the Pharmaceutical industry
• Excellent communication skills
• PLC/SCADA/Batch experience with preference for following technologies: Rockwell FactoryTalk SE View & Batch, Siemens PLC/HMI, iFix, Wonderware, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus and OSIsoft PI Data Historian.
• Knowledge of GAMP software development lifecycle, ANSI/ISA-S88 and S95 industry standards and 21 CFR Part 11