- Inventory Management – manage inventory levels in line with agreed targets and report monthly on the status of inventory levels.
- Being responsible for coordinating material planning, purchasing and production scheduling and ensuring timely delivery of products & materials.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with existing and new suppliers
- Maintain, prepare, and release purchase orders.
- Review supplier order confirmations
- Coordinate shortage and expediting activities with suppliers.
- Set and maintain MRP system item planning parameters
- Identify and challenge safety stock levels,
- Negotiating contracts with suppliers.
- Analyse current spending trends
- Analyse inventory and planned order requirements
- Manage Supplier performance
- Preparing procurement reports for senior management when required.
- All applicants must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in procurement within the Manufacturing industry sector with exposure to supplier management, negotiations, and cost saving strategies.
- 3rd level qualification in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management, or another equivalent is preferred.
- Good negotiation & problem-solving skills.
- Detailed knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures.
- High level of IT skills, especially Excel