Our client, a public sector body, wishes to hire a clerical officer on a temporary contractual basis. This role will be based on site, at the clients’ premises in Galway City. You will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative functions of the office, reporting to the department manager. This role will cover all administrative aspects to ensure the effective running of the office.
· Correspondence, post, typing, Dictaphone typing, faxing, photocopying, filing etc.
· Logging all enquiries/telephone calls, complaints etc.
· Prioritising same, dealing with queries keeping supervisor/manager informed of progress and activities.
· Assist in the drafting and issue of letters, memos and general information to internal customers, clients and general public
· Populate, maintain and update local databases and records
· Work closely with all functions within the service to deliver planned services of your
· Understand how neighbouring departments and functions must combine their efforts to
achieve optimum services levels
· Use knowledge of the organisation’s structures and traditions to help achieve results
· Act in a manner that is consistent with the organisation’s values and vision
· Treat all information and service users with confidentiality and discretion
· Interpreting and providing written and oral information to staff and service users, i.e. by
· phone, letter, etc and contribute positively to the public image.
· Liaise and co-operate with other members of staff in the interest of providing the best possible service to service users.
· Understand service users by being approachable and by listening to them.
· Have awareness of the guidelines and legislation that governs your area of work and
ensure compliance when issuing advice and documentation
· Ensure compliance with Data Protection Act and Record Keeping/Retention
· Assist in the implementation of new legislation/guidelines and associated reports and
· Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines
and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and
· To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste
initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
· Carry out any other duties that may be assigned by Supervisor/Manager specific to your area
· of assignment and work as part of a team to establish a shared sense of purpose and unity.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office; Word, PowerPoint and Excel
· Excellent communication, organisational and presentational skills.
· Attention to detail, prioritisation and deadline orientated
For more information, please contact email@example.com