Contract Backend/Data Engineer
At CPL NI Tech, we are very happy to be partnering with our clients who are accelerating the world’s transition to smarter decision-making. Their insight modules help commercial teams at retailers, brands and major sports teams optimise areas such as eCommerce conversion and pricing.
An Engineer with experience in web crawling to build and augment their reusable web crawler to gather data from customer websites.
This will involve:
• Using and extending their existing web crawler patterns and configuration code when encountering new or blocking features on e-commerce sites
• Testing and deploying these changes into their existing cloud-native platform and workflows using their existing engineering and DevOps practices.
• Applying scoring and analytics configuration provided by data science and product.
• Running their End-to-End workflow for new and existing customers when needed
• Generating output to feed their UI and customer reports.
• Working with their engineering team to ensure any changes fit into our platform architecture.
• Strong Python coding skills
• SQL experience
• Cloud Experience (GCP preferable)
• Source Control (Git)
• Experience in web crawling or web scraping
• Ability to communicate clearly and work with a team.
• Belfast-based office and/or remote working
Contract Hours / Expectations:
• Details confirmed on discussion.