We are currently looking for experienced Design Manager for Design and Build Contracts for Frameworks procured with Irish Water and ESB. Project Durations at between 3-5 years, with possible extensions to these frameworks.
· Been Responsible for running numerous projects within urban and rural environments, with particular attention to urban environments
· Experience with UK or Irish Water Standards (Potable & Foul) or ESB/UK Power Utility Standards.
· Has experience with MEICA (Mech & Elec), HDD and non-invasive methodologies
· Has experience with structures, buildings, and general civils, associated with the Water or Power Industry i.e., Steel framed buildings, or RC structures.
· Commercially aware of Design costs, and reporting to Commercial Department and experience with works associated with GCC/FIDIC/NEC forms of Contract. Experience with detailing cost to complete values, and claims narratives on a Design basis.
· Liaising and corresponding with Client and Client Representative to continue with delivery of projects and building of relationships.
· Design and Construct Experience with extensive knowledge of review of drawings with a high level of detail, for Value Engineering or Efficient Design
· Study design briefs and prepare proposed design packs from Concept to Detailed designs, with Input into Environmental, Archaeology and other associated aspects, as well as manage subcontracted and direct design resources.
· Ability to produce low level programmes that are in line with contract requirements, which can be developed by Planning/Programming Teams
· Good leadership skills and communication with multiple levels of staff, departments, Clients, Suppliers and Subcontractors.
· Ability to meet tight deadlines, and work on initiative to deliver a package within required timeframes