Reporting to the Site Automation and Electrical Manager you will support the development and management of the site electrical infrastructure and make improvements to ensure it is reliable and robust for the present needs and for the site's long-term future.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Lead the control of electrical drawings, ensuring new drawings records are produced, reviewed, and existing drawings are updated.
• Lead and/or support the design of instrument wiring, drawings, loop drawings, MCC schematics, and general service/lighting schematics. Review and approval of such drawings produced by consultants for projects.
• Develop and update all statutory periodical maintenance of all site electrical equipment, switchgear, and control gear.
• Develop electrical PMs for areas where they presently do not exist and expand electrical PMs where they presently exist.
• Support the site Electrical Maintenance (e.g. Thermographic, LV and HV Maintenance, PAT, Equipotential Bonding) and ensure all recommendations are closed to ensure site compliance.
• Development and maintenance of site-wide electrical specifications and drawings to ensure that they are at the most up-to-date revision for actual installations.
• Support the management of all electrical contractors on-site to ensure they comply with the electrical specifications and deliverables set out by the electrical engineer i.e. adherence to site rules, procedures, and project deliverables.
• Maintenance and upgrades of the electrical facilities systems such as lighting, emergency lighting, UPS systems, small power, BMS system, Fire Alarm, door access control, CCTV, cable containment systems, earthing, and lightning protection system, transformers, MV \ LV panels, etc.
• Troubleshoot electrical-related process problems & equipment failures to determine root cause hence instigate repair using the latest lean tools & techniques.
• Project manage electrical projects on-site and assist with multi-disciplined projects where required.
• Coordinate with quality and EHS on matters where an SME electrical input is needed.
• Provide leadership and coaching to technicians as required and support problem solving and continuous improvement efforts across all areas of the sites.
• Manage Requisitions and financial needs to ensure site discretionary budgets and capital budgets are met.
• Ensure project design and installations meet the requirement of EU directives such as ATEX and Machinery Directive and CE compliance.
• Develop critical spares list for site electrical utilities and main MCC panels & ensure that critical spares are in stock or are readily available at all times. Ensure that an effective programme is then maintained.
• Placement of PO’s for equipment and spares is within the job role as is other administration work required to carry out your functional work.
• Input into site Maintenance system ‘INFOR’ to ensure recorded hours and recurring issues are identified and remedied.
Who You Are
• BEng in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• Ideally you will have considerable electrical engineering industry experience in an FDA or GMP environment, but candidates with equivalent experience in other highly regulated industries will be considered.
• Electrical circuit design is required
• HV\LV design experience an advantage
• Maintaining and management of electrical drawing records.
• Experience within an ATEX environment.
• Be familiar with planned preventative maintenance approaches
• Excellent awareness and experience in relation to Quality and Environment, Health and Safety.
• In-depth knowledge of ATEX directives, ETCI wiring regulations, IEC and EN standards
• Management of projects through their full life-cycle
• CE marking and declaration of conformity reviews and approvals.
• Instrumentation and Automation \ Controls experience is preferable.