Excellent opportunity for a Finance Manager or Senior Accountant to join our clients business on an initial 8 month contract. While this is a financial role there is huge scope for involvement in IT and Projects.
Reporting directly to the Community Leader the main responsibilities of the role are to ensure high quality financial management and to work on specific projects as deemed necessary by the Community Leader/Local Committee/CEO.
· Responsible for the day-to-day management of Cork’s financial operations.
· Budgeting and Forecasting.
· Monitor actual expenditure against projected expenditure and bring any underspend/surpluses to the attention of the Community Leader and to the Local Committee.
· Ensure Cork business is working within budget and raise cash flow and funding issues. Ensure Director and Treasurer are aware of any issues arising in relation to the budget.
· Utilise policies and procedures in relation to the management of finances, which are in line with the National Financial Regulations and ensure consistent implementation of financial controls and procedures, including training of other staff as required; review and revise financial controls as required.
· Management of the organisation’s bank accounts, including regular bank reconciliations.
· Identify any gaps in relation to financial management and address same.
· Preparation of monthly finance and budget reports, and presentation of these reports to the Local Committee.
· Ensure that financial reports are issued to the Local Committee and Funders in a timely manner.
· Ensure accounts are held to audit standard.
· Payroll – Management of payroll in conjunction with payroll provider.
· Liaising with Invesco for employee pensions, income protection and death in service policies.
· Liaising with the HSE on financial matters, KPI’s and other monthly data returns.
· Point of contact for technical queries before quotes, requisitions or purchase orders are made.
· Report writing, to write reports as requested for internal or external consideration.
· There is opportunity for candidates interested in IT to support this function and development of systems within the business and to work on specific projects as deemed relevant by the Director/Local Committee. These may include researching the feasibility of certain projects; building and renovation of houses and workshop; development of specific policies and procedures; development of I.T. and other systems etc.
· Qualified Accountant 3+ years PQE
· Experience in a similar role an advantage
· Good attention to detail
If you would like to discuss the role further, please don’t hesitate to call Ray Brennan on 083 0362091 or forward your CV to ray.brennan@Cpl.ie