Head of Architecture and Solution Development
Our client is looking for a Head of Architecture and Solution Development is a senior leader who has overall accountability for the strategic execution and hands-on delivery of services that enables our company to realize the potential of technology. The role is responsible to deliver through client services and IT delivery solutions functions, to unlock innovation, accelerate our businesses, exploit cloud and package applications and provide services which have business impact by harnessing technology & design to provide new value propositions, differentiated solutions, and transformational customer experiences.
As a Head of Architecture and Solution Development your main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
Create and engineer new technology-enabled products and service to meet business and customer needs to transform business models and internal solutions. Improve revenue and sales opportunities, whilst also enhancing the company’s brand.
- Lead the change towards by building, growing, and develop high-performing technical expert teams, and structure their teams for maximum effectiveness, knowing what to outsource and what to insource in to get the best return on their technology investment.
- Increase the technical capability of our architecture teams by building and leading a strong base of technical architects to work with existing enterprise and application architects. The technical architects are expected to embed themselves in delivery projects contributing directly to solution creation and delivery, and to ensure that solution recommendations are backed by practical use of tools which the architecture team recommends
- Leads alignment to the company’s technical vision and technological development and identifies new services and technologies to be developed based on the defined strategy.
- Conduct research and case studies on leading edge technologies and makes determinations on the probability of implementation
- In addition to hands on delivery work, collaborate in a consultative fashion with other senior stakeholders (Business Units, Functions, etc.), to provide practical input on technologies and provide solutions to improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Establish and drive the future Cloud strategy and roadmap in relation to applications and devops
- Provide leadership to department heads that supports the company’s culture, mission and values, with a startup mindset, building a culture where technical people can thrive and build their careers.
- Act as a good steward of the Company's resources and ensure control of architecture, client services delivered and delivery budgets, maintaining current information about technology standards and compliance regulations.
Your Skills and Experience
As a Head of Architecture and Solution Development your skills and qualifications will include:
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology and 15 or more years of experience in related field.
- Experience designing and implementing innovative business solutions in diverse and heterogeneous environments.
- Well versed in Agile, DevOps, customer experience (CX/UI/UX), user research, and cloud-based software development methods and data-driven decisions.
- Must possess experience in Finance and specifically managing Budgets; ensuring staff is technically competent; attract and retain talent; cross-training or ensuring educational development & succession of staff; conduct audit and enforce risk policies; and enhance internal and external relationships.
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills combined with hands-on delivery skills.
- Ideally, experienced in leading edge development and services efforts for a wide range of clients, including Fortune 500.
Primary work location is Blackrock, Co. Dublin. Position is Dublin-based but occasional travel may be required to other company locations.
If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter XYZ is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button “Apply online”.