The successful applicant will work on the firm’s Investment Team.
This is a unique opportunity to gain front office exposure to the analysis and management of a dynamic alternative asset class portfolio.
• Be part of a team that manages the firm’s Portfolio, including a wide range of portfolio management duties such as:
• Analysing and understanding the key drivers of the underlying business components.
• Monitoring all investments in the Portfolio and understanding the risks.
• Preparing analysis for management and assist Portfolio Managers with client communication.
• Monitoring corporate actions and internal communication operations.
• Researching new investment products and strategies with the firm’s Strategists.
• Portfolio construction design and implementation.
• Assist with product development and new investment strategies.
• Liaise internally with other departments including Sales, Investment Operations, Finance, Risk and Compliance.
• Third level qualification in Economics, Finance, or a related discipline.
• Further qualification such as CFA / CAIA / ACCA, candidate or willingness to achieve, is desirable.
Skills and Experience:
• 1 to 3 years’ experience in economics, financial markets research, risk or portfolio management, or similar finance/investment environment.
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are essential.
• Programming skills are deemed a key advantage.
• Working knowledge of markets and investment strategies.
• Experience of working with investment managers is preferable.
• Results focused with strong attention to detail and accuracy of work.
• High level problem solving and investment analytical skills.
• Strong personal drive, commitment, energy, and a willingness to learn.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Team player but can also work comfortably on an individual basis.
• Adaptable and flexible to changing environments and requirements.
• Interest in ESG (Environment, Social and Government) is desirable as key to company ethos.
• Demonstrable interest in financial markets, industry trends and in developing knowledge and expertise.