In Group Technology Solutions, we are looking to recruit a high performing individual with a consistent track record in leading complex IT Programmes. The successful candidate will manage a large transformation programme working with internal technical project teams and major suppliers. You will be responsible for ensuring that numerous independent and overlapping projects within this programme are successfully delivered on time, to standard and are appropriately transitioned to the Service Delivery Teams upon completion.
Working closely with the project sponsor, cross-functional commercial, digital and IT teams, assigned project managers among others to plan and develop scope, deliverables, resources, work plan, budget, and timing for change initiatives.
You will develop and maintain the detailed programme budget and be responsible for delivering against established business goals/objectives.
Knowledge & Experience
The success candidate will have experience as a Programme manager working in a dynamic and challenging IT environment. Experience working on digital transformation projects would be a bonus.
You must have a strong technical background and experience leading IT programmes, with exceptional people management and customer-facing skills.
You are adept at accurately estimating the effort and duration required to complete complex projects. You are a quality focused self-starter with excellent attention to detail who will lead and work independently when required, consistently aligning with the policies and standards of the organisation.
You have experience handling budgets and financial reporting as well as a proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously through your project managers, effectively managing knowledge sharing within teams.
The principal responsibilities associated with this role include, but are not limited to the following:
· Own and lead the overall program governance and appropriate communications to ensure clear alignment and necessary progress updates for all stakeholders.
· Work with the IT PM team to effectively handle, at an enterprise level, the current and future capacity & skills of the team to meet demands from both in-flight and future project pipelines.
· Verify detailed estimates and ensure team is sized to deliver to budget and schedule.
· Manage risk within the function and advance concerns in a timely manner to allow for mitigation.
· Communicate project expectations and goals to team members.
· Ensure deliveries adhere to applicable standards.
· Provide the project team with clear status reporting through the deployment of effective tooling, escalating and supervising any areas of concern.
· Steer the Project Managers to work within the agreed Project Management Methodology.
· Demonstrate behaviours and values in your day to day work and address behaviour that supports/conflicts with them.
· Work with GTS Service Organisation to facilitate Service Management Office in ensuring KPIs and SLAs are met or exceeded while also working with Value Management Office for service enhancements for both our customers and business stakeholders.