My Client is one of Irelands largest pharmaceutical manufacturers. Based in Co Down, but with locations globally. A vacancy has arisen for a Laboratory Coordinator at their Newry Site.
This individual will work as part of a team responsible for the ongoing maintenance, calibration, qualification and administration of all instruments, equipment and systems used within the QC and Process Validation laboratories, for the introduction of new instruments, equipment, systems and technologies into these laboratories and for providing day-to-day support and training to users
This individual will also be involved in maintenance of stocks of laboratory chemicals and consumables, processing of purchase orders within a defined budget, and will assist in preparation of Standard Operating Procedures, COSHH and Risk Assessments relevant to the Laboratory Instrumentation and Computerised Systems team.
· Third level qualification in a scientific or technical discipline
· Previous experience of working in a laboratory in the pharmaceutical industry or similar regulated environment.
· Good working knowledge of GMP.
· One year of practical experience in HPLC, UPLC, GC troubleshooting.
· Practical experience of HPLC, GC and Empower (or similar software).
· Practical experience of ongoing preventative maintenance, repair, calibration, etc. of laboratory instruments and computerised systems.
· High level of competency in numeracy and excellent IT skills, in particular MS Excel, Word.
To discuss this on any other role in Life Sciences, call Seamus on 02890725625