Mechatronic Design Engineer – Belfast
Our client support and future-proof the industrial and commercial sectors in Northern Ireland and the UK by offering exceptional service for a diverse range of specialist electrical and mechanical engineering applications and solutions.
They are a leading and innovative provider of choice for high quality and specialist engineering solutions across all industries and sectors. They also aim to be an employer of choice - engaging with and retaining key talent to enable the growth and success of our business.
· Developing and enhancing automated system and machines
· Working cross functionally and proactively to ensure that a new design or design change is optimised for manufacturing assembly, supplier manufacturing and cost effectiveness.
· Maintaining Best Practice design support Product Development Process.
· Planning and executing product development & validation testing: ensuring completion, analysis, conclusion and direction.
· Building Customer relationships through interpersonal discussion, technical presentations, Design Reviews, Plant Visits etc.
· Gaining technical expertise of company product capability to advise internally and externally on requirements and specifications.
· Supporting the creation of technical tender and commercial proposal documents
· Supporting the development of the engineering team.
· Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering (Minimum 2:1) or equivalent.
· Experienced in the use of Solid Works
· Knowledge of PLC control systems
· Experience in 3D CAD packages & 2D drawing preparation.
· Excellent communication (both written and verbal) & interpersonal skills.
· Highly computer literate / proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Initiative, team working, research & problem solving skills are essential.
· A valid driver’s licence is required.
· Prepared to travel to client sites to support engineering activities
Apply now or contact me (Richard) for more information on Richard.email@example.com / 07387417276