Cpl UK – Health (trading as RIG Healthcare Recruit) have been operating in the healthcare market for over 19 years and are now one of the largest suppliers of Locum AHPs to the NHS. We cover the entirety of the UK and offer the best service and experience.
Are you a Band 6 or 7 Occupational Therapist looking for an exciting career as part of an experienced team?
Cpl UK – Health have an unmissable temporary role within a busy and established NHS Hospital based in Berkshire ready to start ASAP for a minimum of 4 months, with possibility for extension.
You will have a personable, friendly approach with patients and colleagues and perform your duties to the highest standards.
- Band 6 or 7 Occupational Therapist
- 37.5 hours per week, working over 7 days
- Shift patterns: 12 hour shift; 8am - 8pm (rota'd)
- Monday to Friday
- Hourly rate of up to £28.00 for Band 7; up to £25.00 for an experienced Band 6
- ASAP start - minimum 4 months (with possibility for extension)
- Undertake home visits, to facilitate hospital discharges
- To be responsible for the operational management and clinical leadership of the occupational therapy team in conjunction with the Inter professional Team Lead or Therapy Manage
- To use expert occupational therapy knowledge and advanced clinical reasoning skills to provide specialist support and advice to the occupational therapy team and other healthcare staff, and to manage own caseload of patients with highly complex conditions as an autonomous practitioner
- To ensure a high quality and effective occupational therapy service.
- To be responsible for the efficient, effective, and safe management of patients referred to the Occupational Therapy team.
- To be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of own work, including the management of patients in your care. To ensure a high standard of clinical practice for patients under your management and to support more junior staff to do likewise
- To work at an advanced level by receiving referrals and independently assessing and treating own caseload of patients, ensuring evaluation and progression of treatment programmes to a high standard, and in line with National and Trust clinical guidelines, protocols and pathways where they exist
- To have clinical responsibility for a designated caseload of patients, including those with highly complex and diverse conditions, and prioritise that work efficiently taking into account clinical and service priorities, using advanced clinical knowledge to underpin decisions.
- To manage clinical risk within own clinical caseload, and ensure that clinical risk is effectively managed across designated occupational therapy team.
- To formulate and deliver an individual occupational therapy treatment programme based on advanced clinical knowledge of current practice, evidence based practice and treatment options, using advanced clinical assessment and reasoning skills.
- To have knowledge of a range of advanced treatment skills relevant to the management of patients, including provision of information, advice, education and support. To provide occupational therapy to patients individually, or as a group
- To ensure effective discharge planning within the team, liaising with other members of the MDT as appropriate, including referrers
- To deliver occupational therapy in different locations, according to the requirements of the post e.g. wards, out patient units, occupational therapy departments, patients homes, consultant clinics, A&E department. To work in some situations, such as patients homes, as a lone practitioner.
- HCPC registration
- 6 months NHS experience minimum (preferably in A&E or Orthopaedics)
- Right to Work in the UK
- UK license with access to own car is essential, as you will need to undertake home visits to facilitate discharges from hospital
- You will work 1:1 with a dedicated and experienced recruitment consultant who has exceptional market knowledge
- Quick & easy registration.
- On-call support team available 24 hours a day
- Daily payroll services
Know someone that may be interested in this position? You can earn £300 for referring a friend to us (T&C’s apply) Simply send us a name and number, we do the rest!
Make your friends, our friends!