R&D Process Technologist
(12 month Fixed Term Contract)
Reporting to the Technical Manager within the R&D Technical Operations Team, the successful candidate will assist with the development and optimisation of dairy and plant processes including membrane separation, drying science & technology, crystallisation processes, cheese technology and formulations. This role will work within the R&D department with significant linkages with the Process Excellence and Operations teams to develop and validate new processes, formulations, and products as part of the strategic migration from commodity ingredient supply to production of value-add ingredient solutions, nutritional powder & liquid products. The role requires someone that is enthusiastic and willing to learn, ideally with food manufacturing experience.
- Conduct lab and benchtop experiments to evaluate concepts and ideas to changes in product formulations or manufacturing process whilst testing these in the Tirlán innovation centre.
- Assist, interpret and conduct pilot and factory trials in compliance with all R&D procedures, this includes organising all material, testing, and reporting.
- Review product and process trials against objectives and report to stakeholders on outcomes and next steps promptly.
- Support the team to optimise Research and Innovation Centre at the Ballyragget site by maximising its usage and making the equipment as efficient as possible.
- Liaise with cross-functional teams to problem solve product quality or consistency issues and technically manage the scientific element of Cause Analysis.
- Regular travel to Tirlán Ireland sites to gather data, learn processes and meet with stakeholders to progress technical or optimisation projects and to identify further opportunities.
- Interact with and interpret operational process control manufacturing systems to scale up of pilot processes.
- Play a pivotal role in the introduction of Lean Principals within the Tirlán Research and Innovation Centre.
- Support and lead COVI projects.
- A Science or Engineering based qualification.
- Must have a car and licence
To apply please send CV to [email protected]