Senior Landowner Engagement Lead
My client are sourcing for a Senior Landowner Engagement Lead to join their growing team in Belfast. This is an opportunity for a collaborative and motivated individual who understands the needs of landowners and agricultural, urban, and residential communities. This is a hybrid-working role with a blend of time in their Belfast Office and off-site at project locations across Northern Ireland.
Reporting to the Head of External Communications & Engagement, the successful candidate will lead their landowner engagement specialists, developing and nurturing relationships with landowners and the agricultural, urban, and residential communities. This will include land rights processes and valuations, obtaining easements and wayleaves for projects, agency management and importantly, providing landowners access to a visible, trusted representative during all phases of the project lifecycle, from initiation through to planning and onto handover.
· Support the Head of External Communications and Engagement, working closely with our infrastructure and legal teams in the development and execution of specific landowner engagement and land rights management plans.
· Direct, manage, co-ordinate and coach the Landowner Engagement Team
· Prioritise, co-ordinate and facilitate project timelines.
· Develop project-specific landowner engagement strategies to secure the necessary land access requirements for infrastructure projects.
· Manage engagement and reputation with wider agricultural stakeholders.
· Support the wider team with community engagement and pre-application community consultation programmes.
· Ensure internal and external policies relating to landowner management and land rights are applied.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
A minimum 3 years’ experience in similar roles with demonstratable experience in managing, directing and coaching a team as well as developing and maintaining excellent relationships with landowners, agents, experts in related fields of agriculture and equine and with Northern Ireland bodies associated with land management.
You will have negotiation, valuation and compensation experience and a possess a thorough understanding of Land and Property Rights Management, including wayleaves and easement processes and associated legislation.
· Specific experience in landowner engagement in the energy sector.
· Third level Qualification in property management, land valuation or surveying
· RICS Chartered Status or evidence of working towards Chartered Status
For further details please apply directly below