Staff Officer Accountant
At CPL we are passionate about providing our clients with the best talent experience possible. We work with our clients to provide innovative solutions to meet their talent challenges.
We are currently recruiting for a Major Public body as part of nation- wide contract. The seek to hire a Senior Staff Officer Accountant within their Accounts team, on a long term, temporary basis.
Working hours: Monday to Friday (Flexi time)
Location: Derry / Londonderry
The position is temporary with an estimated duration of 24 months. Please note that this is purely an estimated duration.
- Analysis of Financial Data.
- Production of monthly or quarterly management accounting information.
- Preparation of departmental or agency Annual Reports and Accounts in accordance with HM Treasury and Department of Finance guidance incorporating IFRS.
- Overseeing payroll, ensuring calculations are accurate and on time. In addition ensuring that any associated payments are made in a timely manner. Delivering on deadlines for monthly and yearend returns to statutory bodies.
- Dealing with internal and external auditors including Northern Ireland Audit Office.
- Management of the fixed asset register, purchase and sales ledgers.
- Providing financial returns to governing departments when requested.
- Development and review of Financial IT systems.
- Providing advice and guidance on the use and interpretation of financial information, accounting requirements and best practice.
- Assist in the drafting and implementation of financial policies, procedures and controls.
- Management of the financial processing function.
- Management of staff and other resources.
- May be required to carry out any other duties that may from time to time reasonably be required within the general level of responsibility for the post.
Applicants must demonstrate that they possess the following criteria, by the closing date for applications:
1. Have successfully passed the final professional examinations and be a full current member of a professional Accountancy Body within Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies CCAB (UK / Ireland);
2. 1 years’ experience in an Accountancy or Finance environment;
3. 1 years’ experience of managing staff and resources;
4. A proven ability to work to demanding time schedules and deadlines;
5. Proven decision making and problem solving skills; and
6. Candidates must hold a full current driving licence (with not more than 6 penalty points) held for a minimum of two years.