In partnership with its client Kenny-Whelan & Associates is currently seeking a Supply Chain Specialist to join one of their Life Science Companies in Cork.
Profile of Role:
The Supply Chain Specialist will be responsible for the co-ordination and execution of all activities related to the planning and purchase of raw materials and consumables, by converting the output of the Master Schedule and Detailed Schedule (MRP) for production needs into material requirements to ensure availability of the right quantity when needed.
Support the Capital Project execution and operational readiness activities where required, representing the Material Operations and Global Procurement functions.
• In collaboration with the Operations team, Global Procurement, Quality & Global Compliance; co-ordinate & manage the supplier and materials selection process with supplier agreements and contracts put in place when & where applicable.
• Ensure the new material qualification process is managed and new materials are created and set-up sufficiently on Oracle to ensure accurate and efficient planning and purchasing.
• Execute on the output of the Materials Requirement Plan (MRP) by ensuring efficient and effective procurement & inventory practices and optimizing the balance between quality, service, reliability and cost to ensure that patient / customer requirements are met while maintaining compliance.
• Ensure that all material delivery schedules are communicated to the suppliers on time in order to meet planned requirements.
• Maintain Raw Materials and Consumable inventories within target, while minimizing excess, obsolete and expired materials
• Liaise with suppliers to clarify potential plan constraints and interfaces between supplier and the key internal stakeholders to ensure issue resolution.
. Partner with Global Procurement to drive Supplier Performance improvement, including quality and on-time delivery in line with Master Schedule.
Minimum Honours Degree (NFQ level 8) in Supply Chain Management or other related Business discipline essential.
• Supply Chain Certification is preferred e.g. APICS.
• Project Management Certification is desirable.
• A minimum of 4 years relevant Supply Chain Management experience (Planning, Logistics or Manufacturing) is required.
• Experience in Planning/Purchasing in a multi-national environment.
• Experience in Biopharmaceutical industry preferable.
Oracle would be beneficial but ERP system competency is essential
Capital Project experience very desirable
All applications will be treated with Strictest Confidence
For further information please contact Carmel Synnott on 087 7422268 or send your up-to-date CV to: