Area Manager - Technical sales role
My client offer Specialist Solutions to the construction industry, dealing in Shoring Equipment, Piling Equipment, Confined Space Entry, Vacuum Excavation, Pumping, Trenchless Technology, Pipe Testing and Rehabilitation. With 30 years of experience they have an enviable product and service portfolio which meets the stringent safety requirements of today's market.
They are looking to grow the team in the Cork/Munster region and have a fantastic opportunity for an Area Manager/ Technical sales manager to join the team on a full time basis.
Groundforce are well established in Ireland with numerous years of experience, recent projects would include all of the major Civil, Utility and Construction projects being undertaken by Ireland's largest contracting companies. With backing from their parent company allowing continuous investment in new products for our hire fleet we offer an unrivalled range of services which include:
Purpose of role - To actively promote all divisional products and services to both new and existing clients in order to achieve or exceed budgeted levels of revenue and profit in a professional and ethical manner, while adhering to company policies and procedures. To ensure that the positive image of the business in maintained by dealing with; enquiries, queries, disputes and credit control related matters in an efficient yet commercially astute manner.
• To identify and personally manage the key projects and customers on both a regional and national basis to achieve success.
• Ensure all agreed customer service levels and performance standards are maintained.
• To liaise with internal sales, operations and technical services in order to ensure the customers’ requirements are met.
• Identify key accounts
• Manage key accounts
• Development of existing customer base
• Targeting and prospecting of new accounts
• Customer retention
• Feedback from customers
• Customer retention
• Customer satisfaction
• Feedback from internal and external sales function
• Frequent customer review meetings
• Feedback from hire desk staff
• Feedback from operations staff
• Team spirit and high enthusiasm for the role
• Continual learning and improvement through shared knowledge
• To implement a territory sales and marketing strategy which focuses on increased customer penetration in order that the trading customer base is maximised across sales territory and region.
• Development of key accounts
• Performance against monthly/quarterly targets
• Effective prospecting and growth of customer base
• Entertainment of key accounts
• Annual business plan
• To achieve budgeted hire revenues whilst rigorously implementing the division’s pricing policy.
• To achieve budgeted revenues for transport and chargeable invoices and manage the resolution of any related queries or disputes. To identify opportunities for selling equipment as per the rationalisation plan.
• Territory revenue reports
• New accounts report
• Profit and loss accounts
• Lost hire report
• Communication within complimentary businesses
• Regular feedback of market intelligence
• Transport performance
• Chargeable invoice revenue vs. potential
• Monthly territory revenue reports
• Selling of new/used equipment
• To be conversant with Groundforce products, services and their features and benefits
• Feedback form technical services
• Observation during site visits
• Attendance of technical training
• Orders won ratio, customer retention
• Ensure that all administration standards are met and constantly strive to improve efficiencies and procedures where possible. Report promptly upwardly.
• Team Visual maintenance/management of reports
• Monthly activity reports
• Weekly planner
• Incident reports
• Reports as requested by line manager
Health & Safety
• To ensure as far as is reasonably practicable, personal health & safety
• Compliance with HSE regulations
• Employee should contact his/her line manager with any concerns regarding H & S
Qualifications and Experience
• Basic Maths & English
• Knowledge of construction industry desirable
• Basic sales skills
For more information please call Christina Keating on 021 4944872 or email [email protected]