Senior Respiratory Physiologist – Naas
Senior Respiratory Physiologist – Naas General Hospital
Senior Respiratory Physiologist required by Cpl Healthcare, in partnership with the HSE, for a new opportunity based in Naas General Hospital.
The post holder will provide pulmonary and sleep diagnostic services for the ECC Integrated Chronic Disease Management Programme for GP’s and Chronic Disease Ambulatory Care Hub/s and will be situated in Naas General Hospital in the first instance but will be required to provide clinical sessions in ambulatory care hubs. The Pulmonary and Sleep Diagnostics Service is a consultant led service supported by Clinical Nurse Specialists, Respiratory Physiologists and administrative supports.
· Provide a high standard of safe practice for patient care.
· Participate in patient care i.e. participation for procedures and reassurance of patient.
· Provide patient education.
· History taking and interpretation.
· Conduct a full range of respiratory and sleep diagnostics including:
· Bronchodilator Response studies.
· Lung volumes by Gas Dilution Methods
· Lung Volume by Body Plethysmography
· Diffusion capacity
· MIP, MEP, P0.1, SNIP
· Methacholine Challenge
· Mannitol Challenge
· Other Broncho-provocation challenges
· Skin Allergy Test
· Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing
· Walk Tests e.g. 6 Minute Walk Test
· Hypoxic Challenge
· Conduct Sleep studies.
· Conduct and supervise overnight diagnostic Polysomnography (Full and Limited studies).
· Assess and set up patients for overnight oximetry/titration studies.
· Analysis / scoring of studies and report preparation
· Training can be provided for certain gaps
· Perform daily duties in the pulmonary lab/hub including some administration, dealing with queries, filling reports and record keeping etc.
· Perform administration duties such as stock control, personnel files, statistics etc.
· Perform duties such as maintenance, calibration and cleaning of equipment.
· Engage in modernisation and implementation of change according to best/latest international practice.
· The post holder would need to have sufficient technical knowledge to operate all equipment.
· Hygiene/sterilisation/disinfection all equipment according to manufacturers’ recommendations and in conjunction with infection control policies in the hospital and latest national and international standards.
· Follow health and safety procedures according to hospital policy e.g. cardio-pulmonary resuscitation, fire evacuation, infection control, handling hazardous materials, etc.
· Performing the required procedure, reporting and highlighting abnormal or inconsistent readings.
· Updates knowledge (CPD) and training accordingly and participate with research when necessary.
· Must monitor compliance and audit as required
· Provide a follow up service in relation to technical problems.
· (i) Possess the BSc in Clinical Measurement from Dublin Institute of Technology or equivalent as confirmed by the Irish Institute of Clinical Measurement Science (IICMS). OR
· (ii) Possess the Certificate in Medical Physics and Psychological Measurement (MPPM) from Dublin Institute of Technology or equivalent as confirmed by the Irish Institute of Clinical Measurement Science (IICMS).
· Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years satisfactory relevant post qualification experience.
· Candidate should be a member of or be eligible to be a member of the Irish Thoracic Society, Irish Sleep Society & IICMS.
· Demonstrate depth and breadth of experience in pulmonary and sleep diagnostics as relevant to the role.
· Access to transport is essential as the post holder may be required to travel from time to time
For an immediate interview please forward your CV to Jessie or Elaine at @firstname.lastname@example.org