The IT & Systems Officer will report to the Digital Transformation Manager and will be primarily responsible for developing and supporting the IT infrastructure, with the key objective of supporting the IT network, employees’ PCs, telephone network and related software to deliver best in class systems.
The ideal candidate will provide quality technical support to the staff of the Credit Union and clearly communicate technical issues (troubleshooting).
- Provide PC and related software support to all end-users. Document changes to PC hardware and software and results of troubleshooting issues. Maintain IT asset register of all hardware and software in use.
- Ensure remote staff have continuous remote desktop services access and phone connectivity to telephone data centre servers.
- Provide end user support as first point of contact for Dubco Ireland Credit Union financial software prior to escalation to external software supplier.
- Work alongside other IT staff in essential maintenance, security updates and investigation of system and application events that effect performance.
- Liaise with relevant IT staff and support vendors in resolution of issues to ensure and maintain the efficient and effective running of all IT systems.
- Liaise with IT suppliers (especially Progress) to drive implementation of new functionality.
- Manage web and spam filtering configurations as needed for effective security.
- To communicate actively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist the Digital Transformation Manager in completing business-wide IT audits.
- Work with the Digital Transformation Manager on business-wide process documentation as appropriate.
- Support the Digital Transformation Manager on various projects as required.
- Keep up to date with technical and industry developments.
- Any other duties as relevant to desktop support.
- Third level qualification in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or a related field would be preferable.
- Understanding of the general and technical aspects of the role including system applications.
- Excellent administrative, organisational and support skills. Ability to prioritise issues and escalate accordingly.
- Ability to work independently and also in a team environment.
- A problem solver with a passion for delivering on results and providing solutions.
- Strong communication skills, excellent planning and organisational skills along with experience in driving projects to completion.
- Empathy with the ethos and values of the Credit Union is desirable.
- Relevant progressive IT work or relevant industry and/or Credit Union support experience would be desirable.