Our finance team is expanding, and we currently have an opportunity for an Accounts Receivable Administrator based in Sandyford, Dublin 18. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, well-organised and reliable, with an exceptional level of attention to detail, high level of IT proficiency and great degree of confidentiality and discretion. The role will report directly to the Finance Manager.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for all aspects of debtor collections, including managing and escalating ageing debtors.
- Preparing and communicating customer statements, agreeing payment commitments.
- Resolving Customer queries via phone or e-mail in a timely manner, liaising with Sales, Service and Parts Departments.
- Posting all customer receipts, ensuring remittances advice are received and resolving any discrepancies.
- Raising Credit/Debit Notes where necessary, with the appropriate approval.
- Manage the master receipts spreadsheet daily with all bank payments.
- Responsible for daily lodgments for all Cash, Bank Drafts, etc. received.
- Liaising with Accounts Payable team to ensure Accounts Payable invoices relevant to Customers are processed efficient to ensure that Accounts Receivable payments are not delayed.
- Raising Journals for Bank Reconciliation and for Month-End purposes.
- Reconciling warranty credit notes received.
- Reconciling Credit Card expense payments with VAT receipts where appropriate and posting to the system.
- Any other Ad hoc duties and projects as appropriate.
Skills & experience:
The successful candidate should clearly demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience within an Accounts Receivable role (debt collection / management)
- Accounting technician or similar qualification would be desirable
- Ability to work on your own initiative, prioritise and manage a number of issues simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to contribute as a member of a team, to work collectively to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent administrative, organisational and numeric skills, including competency in MS Excel, IT systems and accounting packages.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Full-time, permanent role, with a leading automotive group in Ireland
- 22 days paid annual leave (which includes Christmas Eve & Good Friday)
- Contributory Employer Pension Plan
Employee Assistance Programme