My client a charity in Dublin West have an immediate requirement for an Assistant Financial Controller.
The Assistant Financial Controller provides a key support to the Operational Management structure.
In addition, you will participate in developing the Finance function by embracing new and innovative ways of working, and continuously improving current practices to ensure that Finance is appropriately equipped to improve the effectiveness of the organisation.
· Plan and prepare the annual budget for review including the monitoring of the budget vs. the actual results explaining key financial movements in conjunction with the Financial Controller in line with Group’s Policies and Procedures and reporting timelines.
· Produce accurate, effective and timely monthly management accounts, ensuring consistency of financial reporting within the Group in order for the Financial Controller to review actual performance versus what was planned.
· Provide financial input, support and analysis to drive the implementation and delivery of the Group business plan.
· Prepare annual rolling forecasts, in partnership with the Financial Controller, in order for senior management to have access to the latest projected outcome for the financial year.
· Develop, review and implement Group Finance policies and procedures, in collaboration with the Financial Controller in order to maintain internal controls to a high standard and introduce new improved controls where necessary.
· Prepare statutory Financial Statements for audit and presentation to the Board for approval, ensuring consistency with the Group accounting policies and procedures.
· Provide proactive line management support for finance staff supporting the region in order to ensure that it is appropriately equipped to meet the needs of the charity by embracing new and innovative ways of working, and continuously improving how we do our job.
The ideal candidate will be:
· Qualified Member of relevant accountancy body with 3 years PQE. (ACA, ACCA, CPA or CIMA)
· Understanding and experience of the Not-for-Profit sector (desirable).
· Experience leading a team and managing deadlines
Contact Natasha Bevan today for more information on 01 5005987