We have a key role in working with Limerick City & County Council and partners to progress plans and develop several key sites, with a particular focus on optimising relevant public lands for affordable and social housing and other relevant uses.
This management role involves co-ordination, management, and delivery of a wide range of elements that will all play key roles in successfully unlocking the potential of the Colbert Station Quarter and other key sites in the Limerick City region. The Office Lead will be responsible for developing the Office under the direction of the Oversight Steering Group as well as leading or facilitating various workstreams as set out below:
Implementation strategy and programme delivery:
· Develop an overall implementation strategy that sets out a clear pathway for the co-ordinated development and rejuvenation of the priority sites for the LDA and Limerick City & County Council over a period of 20 years+. This includes the delivery of infrastructure and a range of social and health services such as sports and recreation facilities, schools, medical services etc
· Work with the company to prepare an initial 5-year strategy to deliver the key projects, that is viable and supports achievement of objectives for the area
· Develop initial work plans, with milestones and KPI’s for measuring performance.
· Continuously review and support the company work with its partners on the needs, phasing, and viability to deliver on the overall objectives for the Colbert Station Quarter and key sites.
· Develop a programme for the delivery of strategic infrastructure and related projects to support implementation of key objectives including the sequencing and phasing of strategic infrastructure, public realm, health, education and sports and recreation facilities; and
· Collaborate with Government Departments, State Agencies, utility service providers and other bodies responsible for infrastructure, public realm, utility services, health, education and sports and recreation facilities to ensure their capital works programmes align with the docklands master programme; and
· Prepare reports for the Management Group, Steering Group, and other stakeholders as appropriate.
· Establish the extent of funding required and the potential funding mechanisms.
· Support (or lead as appropriate) the drafting of funding proposals, engagement with funding providers and the ultimate securing of funding; and
· Manage the budget for the Development Office.
· Arrange for development appraisals to ensure that the implementation plan is deliverable and that it will attract and support continuous private sector development as planned over the implementation period
· Undertake market research and engage with private sector to ensure evidence-based appraisals
· Engage as appropriate with landowners / developers on implementation plans.
· Collaborate with the State bodies and others responsible for delivery of community services (health, education, social, sports and cultural) to support the timely delivery of services
· Develop a delivery programme and proactively support their delivery plans and the resolution of any constraints; and
· Where necessary put together proposals that identify potential site locations within the Docklands.
Business Prospectus and Communications:
· Develop a Limerick Colbert Station Quarter Prospectus and marketing strategy
· Engage and seek approval from the Oversight and Management group
· Co-ordinate the implementation of the strategy, set out in the Spatial Framework vision and build awareness and confidence, include communications and information events; and
· Collaborate with state agencies and the private sector to market the attractiveness of the area as an ideal location for businesses to thrive and grow.
Stakeholder engagement and management:
· Develop and continually update the stakeholder engagement plan including landowners, developers, Government Departments, State Agencies, elected members, and community and business representative groups
· Co-ordinate the Stakeholder Forum and Working Groups activities.
· Engage with landowners and provide updates to stakeholders on delivery activities
· Act as the central point of contact for stakeholders to seek information and bring forward queries or proposals in relation to delivery activities.
Programme management and activity co-ordination:
· Ensure co-ordination of individual workstreams of a range of stakeholders at all stages - concept, preliminary design, detailed design, procurement, and construction/delivery; and
· Monitor progress against master programme.
Key strategic initiatives:
· Identify and advance key strategic initiatives, e.g., mobility hubs; district heating; renewable solutions; and
· Advise on the instruments required to ensure that these initiatives can achieve their objectives.
· Issue monthly progress reports for the Management Group, and quarterly for Steering Group; and
· Prepare recommendations for approval by the Management Group, or on behalf of the Management Group for approval by the Steering Group.
· Programme management and co-ordination to support overall development and delivery objectives for company sites
· Development of a Prospectus and Business plan on behalf of the company and partners
· Championing key initiatives that can accelerate delivery
· The development, tracking and updating of a master programme, budget and cashflow for these activities
· Engagement with Government Departments and State Agencies to ensure that the social, educational and health infrastructure can be delivered in a manner that meets the need of the area.
· Have at least 12 years satisfactory experience in a similar environment with clear demonstrable relevance to this programme experience.
· Must have a proven management & delivery track-record within the planning/development sector at a senior level.
· Hold a relevant honours degree (level 8 in the National Framework of Qualification) or higher i.e. property, construction, architecture, planning, engineering, or similar discipline
· Proven stakeholder management/ public sector experience including public procurement experience a distinct advantage.
· Demonstrates commercial acumen and is solutions focussed with an ability to implement plans speedily & effectively on time and budget
· A demonstrable ability to build relationship with key stakeholders (public, private, elected) to progress the spatial frameworks objectives.
· An entrepreneurial ethos with a ‘know how’ to develop new opportunities to progress and unlock the potential and build business and community confidence.
· Demonstrates ability to operate at a high corporate level, informing Board decision making.
· Strong leadership skills to ensure that all members are motivated and developed to their fullest potential.
· A self-starter, ability to take ownership and responsibility for the delivery of major projects and tasks.
· An understanding of corporate governance and the importance of authority frameworks, along with an appreciation of expectations of a public body.
Closing date for applications is Friday 24th February 2023.