My client have a new opening for an experienced Project Controls Planner / Schedular - This is a new role supporting their expanding Power team. This role will be responsible for coordinating and managing the project schedules on a variety of projects from development, through construction and through commissioning.
We are looking for candidates who have experience of successfully scheduling high value,
complex projects in line with business objectives.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with a variety of teams and stakeholders.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
• Responsible for providing support to the Development, Procurement and Construction teams throughout the
full project life cycle of our renewable projects.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of the overall framework and approach of the Project
• Enhance existing processes and continuously develop best practice in relation to project procedures, tools,
techniques, controls, and templates.
• Collaborate with Project Managers in developing each project schedule, ensuring robust analysis is
undertaken for each.
• Critically review project documentation, costs, programme timelines, risk, resourcing etc to assess health of
projects, and identify and escalate issues early.
• Continuously update and develop the project programmes, inputting regular risk and cost forecasting.
• Provide specific support and expertise to Project Managers including cost controls, risk management and
claim management (where required).
• Periodically visit development and/or construction sites on an all-island basis, identify the programme critical
challenges while supporting the delivery teams with a proactive approach to problem solving.
• Responsible for managing the projects portfolio risk register.
• Collate and draft monthly reports for delivery to Senior Management.
• Responsible for the analysis of project data for trending, identify lessons learned and disseminate findings for
• Conduct in-house training across the teams as applicable.
Our essential criteria
These are the qualifications, experience, skills, or knowledge you must have:
• Third level qualification in the area of Engineering, Project Management, or similar.
• At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role, with responsibility for successfully scheduling multiple projects.
• High level of proficiency in software and systems including MS Project, Teams, Office and SharePoint.
• Experience of successfully collaborating with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects
in line with deadlines and budget.
• Experience of working in the Construction or Energy industry.
• Experience of Primavera 6.
Interested candidates, please contact Sandra Brennan - [email protected] or through LinkedIN