Cpl Healthcare is seeking a Staff Grade Speech & Language Therapist to join a dynamic interdisciplinary team providing assessment and treatment services to children and young people (0-18) with complex communication needs. The successful candidate will have experience working with children with complex needs and be committed to delivering person-centered services to enable children and young people to achieve their full potential.
The CDNT has at present a representative from all disciplines, working in an interdisciplinary model with children with complex needs arising from their disability. Their aim is to support the child and family to reach their potential through setting functional goals, based on the ICF framework. They work in a range of contexts; clinic-based, home, school and out in the community. The CDNT clinicians are co-located in a modern building on the grounds of University Hospital Waterford
• Undertake assessment, diagnosis and management of communication and swallowing disorders.
• Plan and implement treatment programmes, taking into account individual needs and evidence-based practice.
• Provide reports and reviews, contributing to the development of individual care plans.
• Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to support children and young people with complex needs, and their families.
• Ensure effective communication and collaboration with all stakeholders involved in the care of the child or young person.
• Contribute to the planning, development, and evaluation of services.
• Hold a recognised qualification in Speech & Language Therapy and CORU registration.
• Minimum of 1 year postgraduate experience working with children with complex needs.
• Experience working within a multidisciplinary team.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Full, clean driving license and access to a car.
• Competitive salary.
• Pension scheme.
• Opportunities for professional development.
• Comprehensive induction programme.
• Supportive working environment.
• Excellent work-life balance.
To apply, please send your CV to claudia.gregorki[email protected] or call Claudia for more information on