Cpl's Q2 2018 Employment Monitor revealed that a surprising 57% of employees would still put a pay rise ahead of flexible working options. The new generation of workers are thought to value a work-life balance over monetary gains but this may not always be the case. A culture of presenteeism is still apparent, with over 45% of employees admitting that there is a stigma attached to it.
You can read the full report below, which includes employment market analysis from Ronan Lyons, an economist at Trinity College Dublin and other findings, including:
- Almost 70% of workers admit to being bored at work
- � of employees want to change career
- Almost 60% of workers staying in Ireland for the foreseeable future
The information presented in the Cpl Employment Market Monitor is based on two main sources:
- Cpl's Job Index - the number of new roles by category registered with Cpl month-on-month
- Cpl's Sentiment Survey - feedback from jobseekers registered with Cpl, and employers nationwide