Cpl Healthcare in partnership with Northwest Anglia NHS Trust is looking to recruit a Band 5 Occupational Therapist to work in stroke and general medicine for full time positions with this trust based in the midlands of the England.
Northwest Anglia NHS Foundation Trust comprising of Peterborough City Hospital, Hinchingbrooke Hospital and Stamford and Rutland Hospitals. Peterborough City Hospital Emergency Department provides ready access for emergency nursing and medical care 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and provides clinical services to treat patients presenting with range of problems. Patients can either present as an emergency or urgently, from life threatening conditions to minor injury and illness, in all age groups.
Peterborough city is one of the fastest growing cities in the UK. The city is delivering a billion-pound regeneration programme and boasts unrivalled transport links and exciting plans for growth. ’It’s a great place to live and bring up a family too. It enjoys one of the highest ratios of green space per person in the UK and offers an excellent quality of life. In fact, you can enjoy the hustle and bustle of the city centre and reach the stunning Ferry Meadows in just five minutes.
On top of this, Peterborough is also one of the most affordable places to live with excellent house prices and one of the lowest council tax levels in the country
Interviews next week
Interested candidates must have a
· Recognised Occupational Therapy qualification
· A minimum of one year’s post graduate experience working with patients in the areas of stroke and general medicine
· Full HCPC registration,
· Full commitment to work with Northwest Anglia NHS Trust
The role involves,
· Assess patients delegated by senior therapists, considering their physical, psychological, functional ability, emotional and social factors within rotational specialties. To screen referrals for appropriateness then assess and treat accordingly.
· Managing a caseload of varying complexity, seeking support from senior staff when necessary
· Devise effective client centred therapeutic care plans for each patient having made a judgment about the outcome of the assessment, recognizing him or her as an individual. The plan of care, which has been developed in conjunction with the patient, carer and relevant others, should be outcome based.
· Responsible for the provision of a treatment programme, and where appropriate, direct or delegate the intervention as necessary through the Assistants or Technicians, or other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
· Assess capacity, gain valid consent and have the ability to work within a legal framework with patients who lack capacity to consent to treatment.
Excellent relocation package on offer.
Relocation Support includes
- Flights to the UK
- Trust covers the cost of your healthcare visa.
- Annual paid holiday 27 days, plus up to 8 days Public Holiday per year.
- Two months free on-site accommodation
- Excellent pension, maternity and sick pay schemes
Please send an updated CV and proof of HCPC to [email protected] / whatsapp 00353879319047