Occupational Therapy Assistant – University Hospital Waterford
Occupational Therapy Assistant – Acute Setting – University Hospital Waterford
Occupational Therapy Assistant urgently required by Cpl Healthcare, in partnership with the HSE, for a new opportunity based in University Hospital Waterford.
The role will be offered on a temporary basis, until December 2022.
· The Occupational Therapy Assistant will work in conjunction with the Occupational Therapist in ensuring the co-ordination and delivery of a quality, person-centred Occupational Therapy Service to meet the needs of the patients.
· Clinical duties such as but not limited to:
-one to one therapy sessions under the direction of an OT (i.e. Upper limb treatment, washing and dressing practice, education sessions)
-Assisting OTs who require 2nd person i.e. for mobility or seating assessments
-Collecting referrals from wards
· Departmental duties such as cleaning returned equipment, keeping the store room tidy, delivering and retrieving equipment from wards.
· Administrative duties that support Occupational Therapists - mail, sending appointments, answering phones, archiving etc.
Eligible applicants will be those who on the closing date for the competition:
· Possess the Certificate in Health Service Skills or Healthcare Support with Occupational Therapy Assistant modules 1 and 2 at Level 5 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) maintained by Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI).
· Possess a relevant healthcare qualification at not less than Level 5 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) maintained by Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) and give an undertaking to participate in the appropriate Occupational Therapy Assistant training modules 1 and 2 within 1 year of taking up duty.
· Are currently employed as an Occupational Therapy Assistant, Healthcare Assistant, Attendant, Multi-Task Attendant or in a comparable role for at least 1 year and give an undertaking to acquire the appropriate Level 5 or Occupational Therapy Assistant training programme within 1 year of taking up duty.
· Permission to work in Ireland
· Professional approach to work
· Flexibility in work practice
For an immediate interview please forward your CV to [email protected]
Or call Jessie for more information on 087 333 2120.
Visit www.cplhealthcare.com for more occupational therapy jobs