Job title: Private Debt Fund Manager – Fund Accountant
Overview of Role & Responsibilities
Financial Accounting Responsibilities for the Investment Management Company:
- Financial reporting
- Maintain and update General Ledger entries.
- Manage Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable function including vendor relationships.
- Assist in the production of the monthly management accounts including account reconciliations.
- Contribute to preparation of financial reports for monthly board packs including analysis and commentary on financial performance to budget and prior year.
- Assist with the preparation of Annual Financial Statements.
- Assist with the preparation of the Annual Company Budget.
- Liaise with the auditors in the annual audit process and deal with audit queries.Tax compliance
- Ensure all tax records are up to date including preparation of bi-monthly VAT returns and assisting with annual Corporation tax returns.
- System enhancements
- Work with Finance & Operations Manager to develop process improvements within the accounting to create efficiencies and enhance financial reporting capabilities.
Fund Accounting Responsibilities for the Investments Funds under management
- Liaise with the Fund’s Corporate service provider in the review and completion of the Fund’s quarterly management accounts.
- Assist the Investor Relations team with Fund financial information for investor reporting including maintaining fund financial models and NAV reporting.
- Liaise with the Fund Administrator to provide appropriate checks in the calculation of investor distributions with the assistance of the Finance and the Investor Relations team.
- Assist in the Fund’s audit process including audit planning, attend weekly audit calls, manage audit queries and review of Fund’s financial statements.
- Assist with the collation of data and liaising with service providers in the preparation of periodic tax returns.
Experience and Skills:
- A qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with at least 5 years’ experience preferably in a financial services environment
- Strong technical accounting skills with fund accounting experience an advantage
- Experience with accounting general ledger systems
- Highly motivated with excellent analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, with experience in other Microsoft Packages
- Excellent communication and organisational skills (d, growing team in an ambitious, performance led, high growth private debt fund.
- Hybrid working options
- Excellent learning and development opportunities that allow for full career development within the organisation
- Reimbursement of annual professional membership fees
- Contribution to health insurance, life assurance and pension
For more information please contact Ben McShane on [email protected]