Senior Software Development Engineer - Consumer Data Management
Our client is on a mission to drive adoption and evolve our Consumer Data Management (CDM) Services. These are internally consumed capabilities that are the foundation for the company’s product and service offerings globally. We provide a secure, unified source of Consumer PII/PCI data for all our products, allowing us to achieve a uniform view of a Consumer across all of our Products and Business platforms, to meet the needs of regulatory requirements. Our reusable API services allow us to manage the Consumers entire lifecycle from on-boarding to authentication so that Market facing programs can avoid having to do this development repeatedly and can focus on their core business services and capabilities.
The CDM team in Dublin is looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer to drive our consumer data management experience strategy forward through innovation and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset. As a group, we have a Lean-Agile focus on delivering the right solutions to customers with the highest quality in the shortest lead times.
This role involves working with a team of talented developers to develop high performance, low latency, highly scalable Java based services. In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Design and implementation of innovative and resilient Java based capabilities to enhance the Consumer Data Management service offerings, adhering to coding standards of excellence.
• Work closely with Product Owners, Technical leads and other developers to define features and user stories that materially impact the business and improve the consumer experience.
• Working as part of a co-located Agile SCRUM team to meet due dates, while working through emerging issues and recommending solutions as required.
• Research alternative technical solutions to meet changing business needs.
• Expert programming skills in Java and micro-service development.
• Expertise with Spring Boot, Tomcat.
• Skilled in working with both SQL and NoSQL persistence technologies, e.g. MongoDB.
• Proficiency in software development test approaches & frameworks: BDD, Unit tests, Cucumber, Spock.
• Expertise working with cloud technologies such as PCF, Azure.
• Command of CI/CD principles and tools such as Maven, Jenkins, Chef.
• Knowledge of Splunk, Dynatrace or other monitoring solutions an advantage.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Show initiative and demonstrates a willingness to take on challenging opportunities.
• Highly motivated and interested in cultivating a high performance team environment.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.