CPL Healthcare is currently accepting applications for Social Care Workers for our established client who provides exceptional care to children and adults with intellectual disabilities in North Cork.
Our client's main focus is to provide children and adults with disabilities the opportunity to live the life of their choice to their fullest potential. This exceptional care is delivered in day services, residential services, respite care and home support. The successful candidate will work in a new Respite Service for Children and Adolescents with disabilities. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of opening a new fantastic facility for service users.
The successful candidates will have:
- A degree in Applied Social Studies/Social Care or relevant qualification.
- Experience in managing behaviour which challenges.
- Experience with adults/children with intellectual disabilities.
- The ability to work on his/her own initiative and supervise service users/staff in a residential setting.
- Good organisation and communications skills.
- Driving license
The successful candidate will
- Ensure the service users needs are being met
- Teach the service users necessary daily living and social skills through daily activities.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with the service users.
- Engage in activities and complete household tasks.
- Keep accurate record of service user's documentation.
- And complete other tasks that may be required as part of their role.
If you are interested in finding out more about the role or if you wish to apply, please contact me on: