ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST – CONTRACT TILL 31/12/21
Our client, a Galway based multinational is seeking to hire an experienced accounts payable specialist with 2 + years plus multinational AP experience. You will be responsible for providing accounting support for invoice entry, statement reconciliation, monitoring AP Mailboxes, employee expense and credit card reports, month end close duties and maintaining the filing system. Ideally you will have used Oracle or SAP. This is an exciting role for someone to grow their career in a class leading environment with huge career growth opportunities. This will suit someone open to a temporary contract. This role will report to the AP Manager and will be remote initially with a hybrid option over time.
· Monitor AP Mailboxes.
· Review supplier invoices and input into Oracle System.
· Identification and Resolution of issues in a timely manner.
· Work closely with internal / external customers and business partners.
· Run electronic payment files via Oracle according to net payment terms.
· Process electronic/manual employee expense and credit card reports in accordance with company policy.
· Cashbook and Bank reconciliation.
· Complete AP month end close process.
· Maintenance and review of any or all existing processes, to establish opportunities for improvement.
· Lead/drive/support initiatives/projects as agreed with Manager in support of overall AP Goals and Objectives.
· Performs a variety of related clerical and accounting tasks, as assigned.
· Have 3+ years’ experience in a similar position.
· Have a broad knowledge of accounting and its applications.
· Oracle or similar ERP system experience preferable.
· Excellent organization, accuracy and attention to detail.
· Possess the ability to work under pressure or to tight deadlines.
· Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and other applicable software programs.
· Process-driven mindset with a continuous improvement focus.
· Possess a strong work ethic and the ability to work as part of a team.
· Must be able to multi-task and prioritise tasks on a daily basis.
· Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with others.
· Willingness to work overtime when necessary to meet financial reporting deadlines.
For more information, please contact email@example.com