Director of Nursing
The Royal Hospital Donnybrook
€74,277 - €82,895
Full Time Permanent
Description of the hospital
The Royal Hospital Donnybrook is a 170 bedded hospital that provides short and long term Post-Acute Rehabilitation, Specialist Stroke and General Rehabilitation services. It has a Day Hospital providing rehabilitation programs and provides Respite and Residential care. It is a designated university teaching Hospital for University College Dublin and Trinity College Dublin
The Director of Nursing is accountable and responsible for planning, directing, and evaluating activities of the nursing department, including implementation of the department's philosophy and goals, standards for nursing practice and the management and development of professional nursing and related staff within the department.
To provide nursing leadership and expertise and contribute to the strategic development of the hospital. The post holder has a key role to play in ensuring nursing input to the hospital managerial decision-making process and the definition and development of its overall vision and strategic direction.
The Director of Nursing will take a key role on the Hospital Executive Management Team supporting the wider Hospital management Team, in progressing the quality and safety agenda and the clinical governance agenda within the context of integrated governance, ensuring the hospital provides care of the highest quality. The Director of Nursing will also ensure effective systems are in place to monitor and, where necessary, improve clinical performance.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must, as a minimum, on the closing date for receipt of completed applications:
· Be registered in the General Division of the Register of Nurses kept by An Bord Altranais or be entitled to be so registered.
· Possess a primary degree in Nursing.
· Have satisfactory nursing experience in the care of older people and/or people with disabilities.
· Have a minimum of three years senior nursing management experience.
· A third level management qualification or equivalent is desirable.
Essential Skills, Competencies and/or Knowledge
· Strong understanding of and responsiveness to the complexities and dynamics of the health care environment, including the important role of clinical governance.
· Excellent leadership skills.
· Excellent knowledge of Safer Better Healthcare Standards and HIQA Residential Standards and relevant legislation.
· Strong understanding of the process of rehabilitation including discharge planning.
· Good knowledge of quality strategies.
· Detailed knowledge of current nursing issues, both in education and practice.
· Excellent interpersonal, presentation, written and communication skills.
· Able to present data appropriately to varied audiences.
· Strong influencing skills.
· Commitment to, and experience of, multi-professional working arrangements and projects.
· Able to manage the translation of strategic intent into operational reality.
· Highly developed analytical and conceptual skills.
Apply today by sending your CV to [email protected]