Our Client, ALMAC, require a Distribution Administrator who will provide administration support to the Senior Distribution Coordinator by accepting full accountability for all assigned duties associated with the role. This will involve prioritising shipping orders, customs clearance duties, monitoring mailboxes, and compiling high-level work instructions in accordance with client requirements for use within the distribution process.
The post holder will:
1. Review and provide timely response to all emails received into dxdistribution mailbox from internal and external clients.
2. Arrange the shipment of samples, reagents and kits to/from clients, suppliers and clinical sites. Generation of dispatch paperwork to ensure all orders are processed in time to meet the required shipping dates.
3. Communicate effectively with the client contacts for ongoing distribution protocols. Ensuring that the clients are provided with all of the relevant distribution information they require.
4. Track and trace shipments with couriers after dispatch to ensure on time delivery. Monitoring delivery times as per the agreed courier KPI’s
5. Updating of distribution specific spread sheets and databases.
6. Review outstanding courier invoices to facilitate appropriate billing to relevant clients or studies within agreed timelines
7. Assist in determining the best temperature controlled shipping systems and couriers to be used to handle temperature sensitive material.
8. Prepare and provide regular protocol specific shipping reports as agreed with the client.
9. Working with couriers to clear shipments through UK customs. Maintain logs and file customs paperwork.
10. Prepare shipments for dispatch completing all associated dispatch paperwork with dangerous goods awareness.
11. Perform dispatch second checks prior to shipments being released from Diagnostics Services and complete all related paperwork.
12. Perform risk assessments on high value shipments in order to identify the best shipping solutions and courier selection.
13. Liaise with couriers with regard to arranging quotations, timelines, collections, onward shipping details and proof of delivery
14. Work with Project Management team to gather site information and compile into project site logs at project initiation.
15. Liaise with project managers and clinical testing personnel to ensure the clinical site communication logs are maintained and updated as necessary.
16. Communicate with clinical sites with a high level of professionalism, confirming site information and ensuring stocks of samples collection kits on site are maintained throughout the project.
17. Communicate project updates to couriers to ensure project shipping runs smoothly and efficiently for each site.
18. Complete project reports for Project Management team within agreed timelines
19. Review and address all emails receipted into the kit request inbox in a timely manner. This involves ensuring all clinical site/sponsor queries are promptly dealt with by forwarding to the relevant personnel for delivery of the required feedback.
20. Other duties as deemed appropriate by the Supervisor/Manager and that fall within the general remit of the post
21.Maintain a professional approach at all times while representing Almac.
22. Undertake clerical duties in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice and as detailed in the relevant Standard Operating Procedures. Report any deviation from procedure to Manager
23. Organising internal and external meetings as and when required including teleconference and webex where necessary.
Previous training within an administration role GCSE Maths & English (Grade C or higher)
A Level qualification or equivalent
Word processing experience
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office packages (to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Proven organisational skills
Effective communication skills (verbal, written, presentational and interpersonal)
Proven ability to compile detailed instructional documentation
Proven ability to adopt a methodical approach, managing multiple tasks simultaneously whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy in all work carried out
Ability to work effectively on own initiative and effectively contribute within a team environment
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers at all levels
Experience within a logistics/transport related discipline
Significant knowledge of GMP or GDP
Knowledge of quality systems and in international logistics including import/export
Knowledge of shipping Dangerous Goods
Working knowledge of international material permit regulations
Ability to demonstrate initiative towards improving procedures within the boundaries of regulations.
Reference ID: ALMACDADX
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: £9.86 per hour