Our client, a compliance specialist in the Construction, Engineering and Property industries are looking to hire Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance Regional Lead. The ideal candidate will be motivated and passionate about having a positive impact on the built environment.
As the ESG Regional Lead you will have the opportunity to work with some of the largest companies and real estate funds in the world, as part of a multi-disciplinary team of construction and property consultants.
- Development of sustainability/ESG strategies and environmental management systems, including requirements, methodology and controlling
- Serving clients and other business partners, including working closely with heads of sustainability departments, executive teams, fund and asset managers, real estate and facilities management teams
- Management of project teams and guidance of junior consultants and working students
- Collection and management of sustainability data sets under the coordination of several parties
- Qualitative review and analysis of sustainability data
- Coordinating programs to determine and improve sustainability performance at the building and portfolio level
- Advice and management on sustainability reporting according to recognized frameworks such as B. GRESB, INREV, EPRA, UNPRI, TCFD
- Engaging in the real estate industry to advance ESG issues e.g. through representation in industry groups, attending conferences etc.
- 5 years + relevant experience working in property and/or construction
- Architecture, Engineering or Sustainability qualification
- BREEAM, LEED or similar assessor qualifications desired
- Experience with climate risk assessment and or life cycle assessment desired
- You are able to communicate technically complex issues appropriately to the audience
- You have a strong ability to express yourself and a good understanding of numbers as well as strong social skills
- You have an understanding of managing projects within a budget
- You have advanced IT skills
- You have a university degree or master’s degree in a related field
- You have in-depth knowledge of environmental legislation and experience with the application of building certifications (e.g. DGNB, BREEAM, WELL)
- Independent working style with proven ability to plan and organize own time and delegate tasks to other team members
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Willingness to be mobile and to travel as part of the project tasks
Attractive permanent role with positions available in Milan, Amsterdam and Madrid. Remuneration is negotiable and will depend on experience, qualifications and skills of the candidates. Please apply with up to date CV and a brief overview of your relevant experience.