My client is looking for an economist to the join their team and to provide advanced economic input across the business.
• Provision of regulatory economic leadership and input to the revenue controls for the business.
• Assist in shaping the regulatory strategy for maximum effectiveness and ensure alignment with the business strategy to achieve optimal outcomes.
• Management and oversight of the company’s annual revenue adjustment and tariffing process.
• Develop incentives aligning the business’s performance with the value delivered to customers.
• Research in relation to regulatory approaches elsewhere and their applicability to the group of businesses.
• Primary point of contact in respect of regulatory financial models and modelling by reference to regulated businesses.
• Develop and manage strategic stakeholder relationships including with the Regulatory Authorities.
• Coordinate and review the work of external economic consultants and the management of the appropriate budget.
• Supervise and develop any assigned more junior members of staff.
• Degree in Economics or a closely related discipline.
• Minimum of 6 years experience in an economic/analyst role, in a multidisciplinary environment.
• Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical abilities, coupled with the ability to make reasoned judgements based on available information.
• Ability to draft documentation in a rational, evidence-based, clear and concise manner.
• Masters/Ph.D. in Economics, ideally with components in regulatory or competition economics.
• Experience of advising a sector-specific regulator or governmental organisation, and/or of working in an energy environment.
Please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 01 - 947 6327