The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for supporting the Maintenance Department on all issues relating to equipment reliability, specification and maintenance.
Scope of Responsibility
- Facilitate and lead the site Mechanical Integrity program.
- Act as technical expert / SME on reliability engineering on site.
- Take ownership for reliability standards within the department.
- Consult with key stakeholders and customers to drive the program and eliminate reliability issues.
- Deliver maintenance systems improvements and identify technical opportunities.
- Maintenance contact for input to new project scope, design and commissioning through to system handover.
- Review & approve project documentation e.g. impact assessments and commissioning protocols
- Assign preventative maintenance activities and calibration schedule to new/modified components in line with site & industry standards
- Generation of project handover packs to maintenance including setup/modification of components on CMMS.
- Identify critical spare parts for equipment as part of the overall project lifecycle process.
- Optimise the preventative maintenance program by regular review of performance.
- Trouble-shoot equipment problems as required utilising maintenance system reports to identify bad actors.
- Ensure equipment files are properly maintained.
- Set up and periodically review maintenance service contracts.
- Responsible for the coordination of maintenance activities of specified equipment.
- Identify/implement/co-ordinate maintenance specific projects.
- Develop/update SOPs as required for maintenance operations
Education and experience required:
Degree qualified in Engineering or related field
3-5 years' experience in a similar position in pharma or other regulated manufacturing environment
Able to think strategically and creatively, and to establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and cross-functional teams.