Cpl are delighted to be partnered with a world leader in the Oral Solid Dose Pharmaceutical industry who due to continued business growth, have 2 job vacancies experienced Maintenance Technicians for their production facility in Athlone.
There are 2 roles to be filled ASAP, 1 is an immediate full time perm role and the 2nd role is for an initial 22-month contract with the employer with a review on going full time towards the end of the 2nd year.
Both roles are part of a team of high performing craft professionals and working on a rotating 4 cycle shift pattern as outlined below and the shift premium is 33%.
Standard hours of work are:
- Day shift: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Night shift: 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- The pattern is worked over an 8-week week period and the pattern is:
- 2 x day shift, 2 x night shift, 4 days’ off and then back on-site again
Maintenance Technician Job Description:
- The jobs requires the Maintenance Technician (Electrical or Mechanical or similarly qualified) to set-up, install and maintain and support manufacturing, packaging and production equipment to ensure optimum performance and support the achievement of operation goals in a world class GMP Pharma manufacturing facility.
- The job requires the Maintenance Technician to provide day to day Electrical Utilities and engineering services in a busy high-speed manufacturing environment.
- Maintenance Electrical Utilities / Facilities Technician will be responsible for the Zone / Line performance and overall maintenance and repair of the equipment and machinery.
- Electrical Utilities / Facilities Technician should be able to multitask and solve problems that arise on site. The job requires these problems to be resolved quickly and efficient.
- Cost effective design solutions should be provided on a weekly basis for the plant and equipment requirements.
- Always be maintaining accurate and up to date maintenance documentation.
- Delivering a high-quality maintenance service to production.
- Ensure that maintenance works efficiently, effectively, safely, in line with the maintenance strategy and responsible for carrying out planned work
- The Electrical Maintenance Electrician must be able to ensure tool uptime is above 95%.
- Plan work activities to improve Line Zone performance in conjunction with the Supervisor/ Lead technician.
- Ideally will be highly competent at using PLC for fault finding.
- Electrical Utilities, Operational and Management systems for Chillers, Compressors, Boilers, Purified water systems
- Plan and schedule mechanical and electrical building services maintenance
- Plan and schedule building fabric maintenance
- Assist site Contract Manager in setting up sub-contracts for identified services
- Planning and scheduling of sub-contractors visits to site
- Management of and liaison with sub-contractors when on site
- Interaction with building personnel to ensure all relevant requests are responded to and resolved
- Carry out work as per site policies, schedules, and procedures.
- Complete site documentation before and after work tasks, as appropriate
- Participate in the appropriate training.
- Carry out Risk Assessment of Equipment Maintenance Task List steps and ensure these are always kept valid.
- Update Maintenance Task List’s as appropriate
- Be familiar with all GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) rules and regulations where appropriate
- Be familiar with Statutory requirements
- Be responsible for training curriculum and ensure missing requirements are completed
- Participate in Audits of the Mechanical rooms and follow up on actions
- Ensure all tools and equipment are kept in good condition
- Drive local reviews of maintenance performance data using published maintenance excellence KPI results Ensure that the CMMS system contains the most up to date information regarding equipment data, spares, and maintenance man-hours
- 5 years minimum proven Electrical or Mechanical experience in Regulated and ideally GMP Manufacturing
- The ideal candidate would be coming from a large-scale Pharma or otherwise regulated manufacturing environment such as Chemical process background or alternatively from FMCG, Bottling, Medical Devices and ideally within a Lean Six Sigma environment.
- You will be required to trouble shoot and repair damaged or poor performing equipment.
- Assist in the compilation and presenting of technical feedback on engineering performance relating to yield output, downtime and where necessary, you and the other technicians will make engineering improvements and enhancements to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Knowledge of ATEX regulations is another distinct advantage.
- Previous working knowledge of a CMMS system is required
- Pumps, HVAC Systems, Compressors, Boilers, steam systems and ancillary services, (DHW skids), Chilled water systems; electrical distribution, lighting etc
- Building Management Systems (Scada)
- Excellent technical and fault finding skills
- Good understanding of Preventive Maintenance Systems
- Experience within a Computerized Maintenance Management Work Order system environment.
- Experience working on high volume processing/utility equipment.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to take lead on maintenance issues and to work independently or as a team member.
- Experience with documented Permit to Work System
- Ability to read and understand P&ID’s.
- Responds positively to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Proven track record in your current role is essential.
- The role is varied where both electrical and mechanical skills are required. Candidates who can show an aptitude and ability in both disciplines will have a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of six sigma an advantage.
If you are interested, then please submit your CV for review to firstname.lastname@example.org and myself and I’ll get back to you with CV feedback of within 48 hours of receiving your CV.
Please note that due to the specific requirement here, you MUST have a recognised National Trade Electrical or Maintenance or otherwise recognised qualification.
Do you have a National Craft Senior Trades Certification?
How many years in high speed manufacturing do you have ?
Have you ever worked in an ATEX or GMP regulated environment ?