Mapping and Charting Officer
CPL have partnered with Northern Ireland Civil Service (NICS) to recruit for a Mapping and Charting Officer (E01 Grade) to join their team on a temporary contract of 3 months, with possibility of extension.
· Pay Rate - £15.21 per/hr
· Location – DOF – LPS – Geospatial Systems (Home Working)
· Benefits – 37 days holiday per annum
· Hours – 37 hours per week
Work within the OSNI Address Matching team to promote the use of the Pointer address dataset across Government and match a range of governmental address datasets to Pointer including the integration of unique identifiers (URPNs and Fusion IDs). Assist in promoting best practice, providing guidance on the use of Pointer within address systems, and access to live services.
Responsibilities will include:
· Using ESRI ArcGIS-based software to load, manipulate, analyse, and display data.
· Carrying out spatial data capture, formatting, and cleansing of a range of datasets
· Utilising and manipulating spreadsheets and databases to analyse spatial datasets.
· Applying cartographic skills to visualise data and Utilising web mapping technologies.
· A BTEC National Certificate or equivalent qualification, or higher, in an appropriate subject, such as Civil Engineering Surveying, Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Physical Sciences, Engineering.
· GIS skills - able to use ESRI ArcGIS-based software to load, manipulate, analyse, and display data.
· Experience in utilising and manipulating spreadsheets and databases to analyse spatial data sets – strong Microsoft Excel experience is essential.
· Experience applying cartographic skills to visualise digital data.
· Experience utilising web mapping technologies
· Ability to work autonomously within the home environment: managing time and output accurately and in line with team targets.
· Experience in the use of the SAFE Software-based data integration platform (FME) is desirable, but not essential.
For further details please apply directly below or contact Anne-Marie Erhalim directly @[email protected]
If successful you will be required to complete a criminal record check through Access NI, having a criminal conviction will not necessarily exclude you from this process. Cpl have a policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, for a copy of this policy please email [email protected].