Cpl UK – Health (trading as RIG Healthcare Recruit) have been operating in the healthcare market for over 19 years and are now one of the largest suppliers of Locum AHPs to the NHS. We cover the entirety of the UK and offer the best service and experience.
Are you a Band 6 Occupational Therapist OR Physiotherapist looking for an exciting career as part of an experienced team?
Cpl UK – Health have an unmissable temporary role in a community-based role based in Berkshire ready to start ASAP until January 2022.
You will be working with providing specialist seating for patients with postural needs and mobility within the home. Patients include children and adults, with long-term mobility related conditions and the majority have highly complex needs.
You will have a personable, friendly approach with patients and colleagues and perform your duties to the highest standards.
- Band 6 Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist
- 37.5 hours per week (could be flexible)
- Working hours: 9am - 5pm (could be flexible)
- Monday to Friday
- Hourly rate of up to £25.00
- ASAP start - January 2022
- Researching types of equipment and prescribing for manual / powered wheelchairs and supportive equipment
- Working with professionals including social care and education to determine equipment suited to multiple needs
- Ensuring timeliness of provision to prevent delays in hospital discharge and work towards enabling patient wellbeing and independence.
- Ensuring that any equipment provided presents value for money.
- To carry out appropriate seating assessments, including specialist seating, pressure mapping and prescribe appropriate equipment
- To research equipment in terms of suitability specific to patient needs whilst providing value for money.
- To carry out assessments either in clinic, patients home, school or workplace; and ensure that all required assessment, risk forms and patient records are updated and maintained in line with organisational governance and protocol.
- To ensure that patients and their carers are appropriately trained in the use and upkeep of the equipment and understand (where possible) and sign up to the contract for the loan of the equipment.
- To refer to a specialist seating service or consultant if the patient’s needs cannot be met locally, and to carry out this role in conjunction with the relevant partners and the clinical lead for the mobility service
- To ensure that removal of any stock is accounted for.
- HCPC registration
- 6 months NHS experience minimum (preferably in A&E or Orthopaedics)
- Right to Work in the UK
- You will work 1:1 with a dedicated and experienced recruitment consultant who has exceptional market knowledge
- Quick & easy registration.
- On-call support team available 24 hours a day
- Daily payroll services
Know someone that may be interested in this position? You can earn £300 for referring a friend to us (T&C’s apply) Simply send us a name and number, we do the rest!
Make your friends, our friends!