Our client, a project engineering company, is seeking to recruit an experienced QA/QC Engineer. The successful QA/QC Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of the quality assurance and quality control of site activities and construction work and management and implementation of Site document control functions.
- To have the authority to stop work for cause, reject work, order work removed, initiate remedial work, propose solutions, and reject material not in compliance with the Contract.
- Be present on site during working hours and assigned full time to this Contract.
- Be completely familiar with the Contract Scope of Work, Drawings, Specifications and Codes and Standards.
- Assist in the establishment and implementation of the Site QC program with subcontractors and monitor their conformance.
- Inspect existing conditions prior to the start of new work packages.
- Conduct a pre-construction Quality Control meeting with the construction team prior to the commencement of each major item of work required by the Contract.
- Coordinate required test, inspections and demonstrations with client or any other authority having jurisdiction.
- Inspect purchased and equipment arriving at the site to ensure conformance with the requirements of the Contract/Specification or Purchase Order.
- Monitor the repair or reconstruction of rejected work and document corrective action and preventing action.
- Schedule and accompany client on any site visits when requested.
- Co-ordinates with 3rd party inspection to ensure that all required testing has been performed and that acceptable results have been achieved.
- Advise field staff of quality and deficiencies detected during “in-progress” inspection and assists and advises on any requirements and remedial actions.
- Responsibility of Site Work Documentation of Conformance and Inspections for the entire project’s period.
- Assure that the Final Quality Documentation File is always in line with the requirement, as specified in Contract.
- Third level engineering qualification or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational / planning skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to liaise with others and work well as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
Attractive permanent role. Remuneration is negotiable depending on candidate’s experience, suitability and fit for the role.
CVs for the attention of Mark Barrett to email@example.com