Cpl, in partnership with our client Pfizer, are currently recruiting for a Shipping and Reference Material Specialist to work onsite in their Biotechnology facility in Grange Castle, Dublin West.
Your role will be in the Quality Control Department in Pfizer Grange Castle as part of an expanding and diverse team of welcoming and supportive colleagues. You will be directly involved in the supply of multiple reference materials and antibody solutions used to test and release Pfizer medicines across the world.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a world class facility, which is dedicated to bringing therapies to the market that will significantly improve patients’ lives.
Support quality control reference standard and control programs for both established and upcoming new products in Pfizer Grange Castle. You will coordinate and execute activities to support the shipment and supply of reference materials and antibodies for use in Quality Control testing while maintaining regulatory compliance for both new and established programs.
About the Role
- Support shipment of reference materials and quality control samples to Pfizer testing sites and contract testing sites.
- Support shipment of reference materials and quality control samples to Rest of World and Board of Health laboratories.
- Address shipping invoice queries and technical questions from customers.
- Work with the Warehouse Shipping department to improve the shipping process.
- Support activities as part of the introduction of new reference materials to Grange Castle as directed by management e.g. new freezers.
- Liaise with customers both internal and external to Pfizer to support overall reference material management process.
- Report out status of all shipments/requests to management on routine basis
- Support all activities required for the introduction of new reference material programs to Quality Control Grange Castle.
- Support introduction of new technologies into the reference materials team to support supply and shipment of reference materials and critical reagents to internal and external customers.
- Support opportunities for Continuous Improvement and embrace Pfizer’s culture to own and drive any activities associated with delivering these improvements.
- Implement and adhere to appropriate levels of cGMP within the team and promote safety awareness and the established culture of incident and injury free within the area.
- Perform and assist in additional duties as may be directed by QC Manager.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- B.Sc. degree or diploma in biological/chemical sciences, business, or other related technical degree or equivalent experience in regulated industry.
- Minimum of 2-3 years working experience in a biotech laboratory in industry or equivalent environment.
- Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven success in proactive project management.
- Experience in managing multiple projects and reporting regularly to management within the organisation.
- Proven ability to communicate problems and required resolution in a positive and proactive manner.
- Self-directed, self-motivated with a demonstrated record in project accountability.
- Demonstrated success in networking across sites/functional teams both internal and external to site.
- Ability to work independently, as well as a member of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of six sigma and Lean Tools/management systems.
- Demonstrate Pfizer Values and Behaviors.
- Adhere to all HR Policies as appropriate.
- Recognition is actively practiced by you and across the team.
- Proactive engagement with key stakeholders.
- Best practices developed and shared with other teams /sites.
- Best practices actively sought and copied.
- Proactive & effective communication within and across teams.
- Support development of SMART objectives within the team.
- Support use of Lean tools and IMEX systems within the team to manage workload and implement continuous improvements.