Tax Lead (Specific Purpose Contract)
Our client is seeking a Tax Lead to join an Irish Semi – State company based in Cork on a Specific Purpose Contract. This role is reporting into the Tax Manager and the Tax Lead is responsible for supporting tax compliance, strategy and planning across the organisation. The Tax Lead will also have responsibility for promoting increased awareness of taxation risks and opportunities.
· Support the development and implementation of best practice taxation processes and systems.
· Implement a robust, structured tax process with appropriate financial controls to ensure tax compliance with applicable laws.
· Lead the delivery of requirements, including preparation of Corporation Tax computation and return to ensure Revenue Commissioner deadlines are met, and requirements are achieved, in an efficient and effective manner in accordance with tax legislation/guidance.
· Engage with external tax authorities and consultants locally and regionally.
· Identify key taxation issues that arise within the organisation and work with the Tax Manager / Tax Operational Lead to ensure appropriate actions are taken or controls are in place to minimise taxation exposures / risks and maximise returns.
· Support a culture of continuous improvement within the tax team.
· Preparation of the current and deferred tax provisions and cash tax movements for inclusion in statutory reporting and provide tax audit support to the wider Finance organisation.
· Manage business stakeholders, participate in relevant meetings and develop strong working relationships with colleagues.
· Relevant 3rd level degree and at least 5-7 years relevant experience.
· Experience in Corporate Tax.
· Strong Exposure to all areas of Tax, RCT, VAT, WHT, PSWT, PAYE etc.
· Professional qualification in Tax associate with current membership.
· Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA OR CPA)
· Prior experience in tax strategy implementation, planning support and projects
· Have thorough knowledge of Irish tax legislation and experience dealing with the Irish Tax Authorities.
· Previous People Management Experience
· Strong communication details and a high level of attention to detail.
What you will Receive!
· You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and extensive range of benefits and the opportunity to nourish your CV with a leading Irish Semi State in Cork.