This position is specifically for a Technical Support Engineer who will be part of a worldwide team responsible for diagnosing and troubleshooting software problems within a Cloud Integration organization
- Providing remote technical support assistance to our clients using Problem Determination (PD) and Problem Source Identification (PSI) skills.
- In addition to determining recommendations for problem resolution, our engineers communicate action plans to our clients to ensure that the client is satisfied with steps towards resolution or the problem's root cause.
- Our engineers continually flex their programming and technology skills through driving problem resolution using improvements to existing and/or new technical Support tools and procedures which can often include examining source code, providing feedback to development for product improvement, creating test cases, creating tools or providing debug modules to our clients.
- Produce coherent knowledge base articles to enable customers to resolve issues without further escalation
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must be willing to work on a weekend rotation to lead diagnosis of critical customer outages.
- Immediate skills for an outstanding candidate include a strong understanding in container technologies, Kubernetes, Cloud skills, and networking protocols.
- Knowledge of Windows and Unix platforms
- Proficiency in networking skills, such as UDP and TCP
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues (networking, web apps, operating system, file system and user management) in the deployment of high-speed file transfer software in enterprise
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory/Group Policy, LDAP, SAML, SSO, etc.
- Scripting skills, such as Unix shell, Windows batch, Perl, Ruby or Python
- Basic skills in database server (MySQL) administration
- English language skills including read, write and speak
- Communication and customer focus skills –be able to understand customer problems and
- articulate current status to customers
- Communicate action plans to the client or IBM representative as appropriate
- Recommend and implement new or improvements to existing technical support tools,
- procedures, and processes